Even the non-living world is a constantly changing environment. The rocks, mountains, volcanoes and magma in our world are in a perpetual cycle of vigorous destruction and gentle metamorphosis over time. To get the Geology Rocks badge you must complete a piece of work which includes the following four sections:
- An introduction to the three types of rocks
- how can you identify them?
- a real life example
- where they are made?
- how they are made
- what they are commonly used for
- A description and explanation of the rock cycle
- use all the following words: deformation,deposition, metamorphism, weathering, erosion,crystallisation, magma and lava
- an original diagram or an explanation using a published diagram is acceptable
- An explanation of three types of weathering
- An explanation of how different types of igneous rocks come to have different crystal sizes
Make a presentation, write an essay or a poster, even do some practical demonstrations. It”s up to you and your teacher. Good luck!