To unlock this achievement you must speak about an extended text(s) in front of a panel of teachers and respond to their questions.
- Students will submit a list of text(s) which they have read as part of a reading project.
- The text(s) must be drawn from the literary reading list.
- If invited they will present their findings under questioning to a specially convened panel of English and Drama teachers.
- At least three texts will be drawn from the literary reading list.
- Questions will draw upon student’s knowledge of the text(s) as well as testing the calibre of their analysis.
- Students will only be invited to attend the panel if their reading project features texts judged to be of the required sophistication.
- The interview will comprise a question and answer format.
- Students answers must consist of consecutive sentences that develop a line of thought or argument.
- The questions will be set by an expert teacher based on their knowledge of the text/s, including but not limited to character, theme and form.
Here are some examples of students who have unlocked this badge in the past: