An hypothesis is the name given to a scientific prediction which is rooted in evidence and is testable, objective and refutable. We use a hypothesis to answer questions we propose to test by experiment.
You can unlock this Achievement Badge when you are able to provide a true hypothesis and describe the evidence you have used to construct it.
Your hypothesis must be:
- a statement you wish to test based on recorded evidence
- You must include three pieces of evidence to support it. This evidence can be from text books, reports or scientific sources including online. All sources must named. Full referencing not required.
- include the dependent and independent variables
- state the relationship between the variables
- quantitative and directional
- and refutable