Prepare a Role
You can unlock this badge by consistently and imaginatively engaging in the preparation of a role for a dramatic moment.
While developing a drama in a group, you should demonstrate the following:
- You must contribute to the collaborative creation of a dramatic world.
- Your contributions must support those offered by others to create a dramatically functional world.
- You must use the given circumstances to make creative decisions about your role within the created world.
- There must be clear links between your prepared role and the stimulus given.
The following should be used to demonstrate the criteria of the ‘Explore Meaning’ and ‘Deconstruct Meaning’ sections.
- You must produce at least one physical document created while preparing for a role. This could be in the form of:
- A diary entry
- An application form
- An imagined photograph
- A detailed role on the wall
- An object that holds significance to the role
- You must be able to explain the decisions you have made in relation to the role you embody.
- Connections between the role and the given circumstances will be clear.
- The prepared role will enable you to explore the dramatic moment fully.
- The prepared role will enable you to remain self-reflective in the drama.
You must use preparation time effectively.