To achieve this badge, you must show how your understanding of a Shakespearian play has been affected by your research of the social/historical context of the piece.
You may comment on: genre, character, events and writer’s ideas in relation to specific information that you have found about the time in which the play was written.
The badge can be achieved in a written or verbal mode.
You can achieve this badge up to three times.
- You must make clear reference to specific social or historical context in your exploration of a piece, stating how it has helped to develop your understanding of the original text.
- You must show how the research you have undertaken has affected your understanding of the text.
- You may refer to one specific event in the play or the play as a whole.
- You must be able to say where your research came from (book/website/video).
- When challenged, you must be able to explain your ideas logically, relating them to your research.
View the exemplar below: