You can unlock this badge by performing a considered dramatic action within a wider drama and explain the character’s motivations for performing the action.
Your work must demonstrate the following:
- You must use preparation time effectively.
- Your dramatic action must function within the given constraints of the moment.
- Your dramatic action must make use of the context within which the character exists.
- Your dramatic action must have a clear motivation that signals what the character hopes to achieve through it’s performance (‘I do this because I want to…’ or ‘I do this because I am…’)
The following should be used to demonstrate the criteria of the ‘Explore Meaning’ and ‘Deconstruct Meaning’ sections.
- Your action must appear within a wider moment of dramatic action of at least 30 seconds in length.
- The transmission of the meaning of your action should be via body language, rather than verbal communication (though verbal communication can be used in addition to the physical action).
- You remain invested in the fiction for the duration of the drama.]
- The action is clearly visible to the audience.
- You must be able to explain the decisions you have made in relation to the performance of your action.
- You must describe how the action was performed using appropriate descriptions of body language.
- You must be able to explain the motivation behind the action.
- You must explain why the action was performed in this way in accordance to the character’s motivation.
- You must be able to explain the meaning of the action.