You can unlock this badge up to three times by submitting a paragraph written within any longer text which has been edited until it is perfect. The paragraph must meet the following criteria – or any deviation from this criteria must be justified, in writing, for its intended effect.
- Spelling of all words, including at least 3 words that are not common-use is perfect
- Punctuation is perfect, and must include advanced features like quoted speech, complex sentences and semi-colons
- Sentence structure (syntax) of simple, compound and complex sentences is accurate
- Tense is controlled and consistent
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar are all used to deliberate effect in the piece, generating an appropriate tone and style.
This is an example of a paragraph that meets this criteria: