You can unlock this badge by summarising a non-fiction text into no more than 700 words. The text must not be one which you have read in class. Your teacher will give you guidance as to whether your selection of text is suitable for this achievement.
- Ideas must be clearly delineated by paragraphs
- Summary must be written in present tense
- Summary must include key points from right across the text but not necessarily in chronological order
- The key points chosen must be unified by a wider idea explored by the writer of the source text
- Words are not wasted in paragraphs
- There is a clear progression of ideas through the summary. Ideas are not repeated but built on as the summary goes on