In order to achieve this badge your work will show evidence of careful planning towards a piece of writing.
- Students who unlock this badge will adopt a planning method (e.g. linear bullet points) which aids them in the completion of a piece of writing.
- The finished piece of writing needs to be of Stage 3 standard or above.
- Although the finished piece of writing may contain elements not included in the plan, there will be a clear relationship between the writer’s intentions prior to beginning and the finished piece.
- The writing will be completed either under timed conditions or independently
- The planning will demonstrate understanding of the different sections that will feature in the final text
Students are encouraged to show their planning to their teachers before starting to write in order to check suitability.