You can unlock this badge by submitting an analysis of the ways in which Stage 3 language choices in a text enhance the effect of the writer’s idea.
This badge can be achieved up to three times.
Focus on any one of the following:
- The active and passive voice,
- Lexis and etymology,
- Syntax as it is used to structure emphasis,
- The role of the subjunctive mood and the conditional,
in a way that aids understanding of the work as a whole, with reference to idea/theme/character.
- You will have chosen the passage from a text you are reading in class, and analysis should link to the whole text.
- It may be poetry or prose. You should make sure your teacher approves your choice first.
- The work should show how sentence parts arranged in this order demonstrate the writer’s intentions for idea/theme/character.
- All word classes mentioned must be correct with the tense of the submitted sentences
- All word classes mentioned must be correct within the context of the given sentences
- You may use a dictionary to help you