To unlock this achievement, you must identify all the Stage 1 features of a sentence from a given text. You must do this three times for three different sentences, and then explain briefly why you think the writer has chosen to write in this way in this text.
This badge can be achieved up to three times.
You may submit your work for this badge in a presentational or written mode.
- Word classes must be clearly identified. (Noun, Verb, Pronoun, Adjective, Adverb)
- Punctuation must be identified. (. , ? : ! “ “)
- Tense and Person must be identified
- Main clause must be identified
- Your explanation of the sentence must be logical in relation to your parsing.
- You must explain what you think the purpose of the sentence might be.
- All word classes must be correct with the tense of the submitted sentences.
- All word classes must be correct within the context of the given sentence.
- You may use a dictionary to help you.
View the exemplar below: