The Qur’an Badge
Y7 ISLAM “Reading the Quran is the most important thing for Muslims”
“Reading the Quran is the most important thing for Muslims”
- Do you agree? Give reasons for your opinion.
- Give reasons why someone might disagree with you
To get this badge you must have;
- A clear sentence stating whether they agree or disagree with the statement provided
- A clear sentence stating why some people might disagree with their point of view
- At least one paragraph providing a basic description of a the Quran
- Up to 4 good clear paragraphs (2 for /2 against)
- Good use of subject specific vocabulary (Key words,)
- Detailed evidence that class work has been revised
- Good evidence of independent study
- providing a good awareness of the personal importance it may have for a Islam
- Some reflection on alternative religious or non-religious viewpoints (are the differences within Islam small or big?)
e.g. Here is a paragraph that uses the ‘PEEL’ structure.
P – Point: I agree with the statement “Reading the Qur’an is the most important thing for Muslims”.
E – Evidence The evidence for this point is the way that Muslims show respect for the Quran. Muslims show respect to the Quran in lots of ways. Muslims put it on the top shelf of a bookshelf to show that it is the most important book of all their books. The Quran is often covered in a cloth so it does not get dusty or damaged.
E- Explanation Muslims show respect to the Quran. This shows its importance.
L – Link This shows why I agree with the statement “Reading the Qur’an is the most important thing for Muslims”.
- Adhan *The call to prayer
- Arabic *language used in worship
- Hafiz *Someone who can recite the Qur’an
- Prophet *A messenger of God
- Qur’an *Muslim holy book
- Wudu *Washing before prayer
- Shahadah *The 1st Pillar
- Salat *Prayer 5 times a day
- Zakah *Giving to charity
- Sawm *Fasting
- Hajj *Pilgrimage to Mecca
- Ka’bah *Holiest place in Mecca
- Ramadan*Month of fasting
- Id-ul-Fitr *Festival at the end of Ramadan
- Submission *Give yourself to God