In order to achieve this badge, you need to compose a piece of writing that brings together ideas from a minimum of three different sources and presents your own interpretation of this information.
Form: Extended Essay or Presentation
- Writing is extended in form
- Standard English is used throughout
- Analytical style used to explore ideas/interpretations
- Verbal presentation with appropriate resources
A final essay should be between 1500 – 2000 words.
A presentation should be between 10-15 minutes.
Logic and Structure:
You should research a minimum of 3 different sources in order to answer a question that is defined by your teacher.
- You need to show a detailed understanding of the issues that are presented in each text
- Combine elements from the different sources in order to develop your answer
- Collate ideas taken from across the texts in order to develop a personal interpretation
- Use carefully selected quotations from each of the texts in order to back up each of your ideas
- Spelling of almost all words is consistently accurate. There are few lapses even in uncommon and technical language.
- Punctuation features are consistently used accurately and in some cases help develop the impact of the argument.
- A confident and well developed range of sentence structures is used to add nuance and clarity to the argument.